Jul 3, 2009

Rolex Submariner Review

Rolex Submariner Review

The Rolex Submariner reference 16613 serves three purposes in my collection. The first is to complete my collection of the best of the Rolex sport watches. This F series Submariner joins my Y series Explorer II and GMT Master II to represent the 3 Rolex watches I admire the most. The Rolex Submariner was a watch I had admired for a number of years and I finally treated myself to one a couple of years back and I have to say I love it with an absolute passion. The Submariner that I have was pre-owed when I bought it but it was manufactured in that same year that it was bought (2004) and was in excellent condition.

Not everyone likes the look of gold. All gold watches, especially with gold bracelets can be a bit much. But this watch to my eye brings the rich look of gold and still remains tasteful while doing so. The blue dial combined with the silver of the stainless steel, and the polished 18k gold components is absolutely gorgeous. It is perhaps the most beautiful watch I've ever seen. Here's a picture of the amazing blue dial.The site that sold me the Rolex Submariner replica categorically told me that they cannot guarantee resistance to water up to that depth for the Rolex Submariner watches.